Manufacturing & Assembling
SMT / THT / Voidfree LGA soldering
The production of your products is our core competency. We are equipped with state-of-the-art, fully automatic assembly lines on a production area of 3,500 sqm.
We are a member of the Electronic Design Association (FED e.V.) and work according to IPB guidelines. The IPC standards are applied both nationally and internationally.
We are experienced in the serial production of:
- Flexible and rigid-flexible PCBs
- Chip designs to 0201
- QFP to 0.4 mm pitch
- BGAs and CSPs to 0.4 mm pitch
- IMS PCBs with aluminium and copper substrate
In general, we distinguish between the following processes
Surface mounted technology
- Automated production of samples, prototypes, small series and series according to IPC standards
- Solder paste printer DEK, EKRA and Heeb
- JUKI – pick-and-place machines
- Reflow soldering system from REHM with 9 individually controlled heating zones
- Condensation soldering (Vapour) system with REHM vacuum: error-free and reliable soldering of power electronics components. When soldering components with high thermal mass, the Condenso solders difficult assemblies quickly and reliably especially for complex requirements (large amount of evenly spread heat). By using a vacuum option, the Condenso delivers the best soldering results with exact temperature profiling and void free soldering.
- Package-on-Package (PoP) method: means "casing on casing" and is a special manufacturing technology in the field of microelectronics to enable the optimal space-saving production of electronics for smartphones, digital cameras and tablet PCs. This design enables a higher integration level and functions as though each BGA are located next to each other.
Our SMT assembly lines
SMT assembly line 2
- Loading station HK electronic
- Printer DEK 265
- Pick and place machine Juki 2050 (13 TBE/h)
- Pick and place machine Juki 2060 (12 TBE/h)
- Reflow soldering Rehm Vision VXP nitro 3150
- Unloading station HK electronic
- Printer Ekra (semi-automatic)
- Pick and place machine Juki 2060
- Pick and place machine Juki 760
trough hole technology
The conventional THT assembly is the ideal addition to our automatic assembly. A combination of SMT and THT components is often demanded by our customers.
- Component preparation with the help of preparation machines
- Experienced staff for manual placement
- Specially developed robotic cell for precise dosage of pastes, silicones, adhesives and for the assembly of THT components
- Wave soldering system from SEHO for lead-free wave soldering for THT or mixed assembly
- Selective soldering system from EBSO: for optimal quality, the soldering module is flooded with nitrogen
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) of THT solder joints and solder paste printing
Quality assurance processes for all our products
To ensure the quality of our assemblies, different test methods are available to detect possible errors and deviations and to prevent them as early as possible.
- Sample inspection with the help of test images via Quins Easy
- AOI - Automatic Optical Inspection with a system from Orpro vision for SMT and THT assembly: checking of criteria such as presence, location, polarity, labelling, coplanarity, open solder joint, short circuits, etc.
- X-Ray: to view the insides of modules and to test product functionality, WEPTECH uses an X-ray system from Phoenix. The Phoenix nanomex is an extremely high-resolution nano-focus X-Ray system for the testing of devices and connections in the semiconductor and SMT industry. Electronic components are becoming smaller. Because of such miniaturization they have more complex internal structures so that possible errors are detectable only by X-ray.
- Electrical safety testing according to the European standards (VDE 0113, VDE 0700, VDE 0701, etc.)
- Burn-in Test in the temperature test chamber
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis): impact analysis to increase technical reliability, which we use in the development of assembly groups
- Rework system from FINETECH to repair applications
Further manufacturing processes
- Laser marking of PCBs with data matrix code
- Socketing of electronic components with two-component reaction resin with an investment of bdtronic (Bartec)
- Nano Coating: protection of electronic components against environmental influences such as condensation, high humidity, corrosion and dust particles. The components are evenly coated with fluoropolymers through dipping. Contact surfaces of connectors do not require masking because the coating is less than 1 micrometer. Even ZIF connectors work after coating without restriction. Drying times are less than 2 minutes at room temperature. Subsequent soldering (e.g. of cables) is possible.
- Panel cutting system from IPTE: the mechanical stress to the circuit board is minimized via separation by a cutter so that damage to components, conductors and solder connections can be avoided.
- Drying and storage of components in the moisture-absorbing drying cabinet of Totech