News & Events
6LoWPAN IoT gateway
WEPTECH elektronik develops 6LoWPAN IoT gateway
6LoWPAN (IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks) refers to a communication protocol for transmission of IPv6 packets over energy-saving wireless networks. It is specified by a working group of the IETF. The WEPTECH 6LoWPAN IoT gateway functions as a border router in a 6LoWPAN network, connecting a wireless IPv6 network to the Internet. The use of NAT64 allows addressing IPv4 servers from any 6LoWPAN node. Therefore, e.g. sensor data from the radio network can be transmitted to servers located anywhere in the internet. A native IPv6 operation (“Bridge Mode”) is also possible.
Features of the WEPTECH 6LoWPAN IoT gateway:
- Powerful Microcontroller with AES and SHA Encryption Engine with 512kB Flash, 32kB RAM
- Dual-band Operation: 2.4 GHz or 868 / 915MHz
- Tabletop / Wall-Mount Enclosure
- Internal Antennas (U.FL optional)
- 10BASE-T Ethernet
- Serial Interface and Firmware-Update via USB
- Perfect as a Development Platform
- „Plug-and-Play“ NAT64 or native IPv6 („Bridge Mode“)
- Source Code available for Download
- Power Supply via USB Micro Connector
The gateway is available in a version without casing for development purposes. You can download a corresponding datasheet here.